TUBAS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Tuesday delivered demolition orders to two Palestinian families in the northern Jordan Valley, notifying them that their tin shacks and tents would be destroyed in less than a month.
Local sources said the structures belonged to the families of Lutfi Muhammad Bani Audah and Muhammad Ali Bisharat and would be destroyed on Nov. 8.
The families said that the structures slated for demolition were built several years ago and that they have official deeds to prove their ownership of the land.
Under the Oslo Accord, building permits must be approved by the Israeli Civil Administration for construction to take place in Area C.
As a result of rarely-approved permits, Palestinians are often forced to build structures without permits, which are liable to be torn down later by Israeli forces.
Last year Israel demolished 601 Palestinian-owned structures, displacing 1,215 people.
The UN said it was the highest annual number of people affected by the policy since it began keeping records in 2008.
In August, a group of UN officials issued a joint statement condemning home demolitions, and calling for an immediate freeze on the practice across the occupied West Bank.