Monday, July 24
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces attack positions in Gaza after rocket lands in Negev
  2. Attacker's home to be demolished as ministers call for execution
  3. Jerusalemites continue praying outside Al-Aqsa compound in protest
  4. Reports of 'attempted security breach' at Israeli embassy in Jordan
  5. PA and Hamas call for national unity over Al-Aqsa, on their own terms
  6. Reports: Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian at Nablus checkpoint
  7. Palestinian detained for ‘praying for bad things to happen to police’
  8. Palestinian activists banned from entering J'lem, using social media
  9. Israel detains 42 Palestinians, including MP, in overnight raids
  10. Israel reportedly bans Palestinians from working in settlements

Israel revokes Israeli work permits from Qabatiya village residents

Feb. 7, 2016 5:49 P.M. (Updated: Feb. 9, 2016 11:13 A.M.)
JENIN (Ma’an) -- Israeli authorities will begin to revoke work permits from residents of Qabatiya, a village in the northern occupied West Bank, after a deadly attack carried out by three teens from the village last week, a spokesperson for the Palestine Liberation Organization said.

Ali Zakarna said Israeli forces have already revoked at least ten work permits at military checkpoints in the area.

The spokesman highlighted that the decision to revoke permits came hours after Israeli forces lifted a three-day blockade imposed on the village following the deadly attack committed by the village's three teens in occupied East Jerusalem which killed a 19-year-old Israeli border police officer and injured another.

A spokesperson for Israel's Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) confirmed to Ma'an that Israeli forces are revoking work permits from residents of the village.

On Saturday evening, the Israeli army lifted the siege on Qabatiya, in a surprise move, as Israeli forces had previously stated that the village would be blockaded for at least a month.

Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah had decried earlier on Saturday the “collective punishment” imposed by Israel on residents of Qabatiya.

“Ongoing Israeli policies of collective punishment, field executions, and blockading Palestinian cities, villages, and refugee camps will worsen the security situation in the area,” Hamdallah said.

“By confining our people and suffocating them with military checkpoints, Israel is violating all international laws and conventions,” he added.

The PM held Israel responsible for deterioration of the situation in Qabatiya , which has seen ongoing clashes between Palestinian youths in the village and military forces.

During the siege, at least 13 residents were injured by live fire during clashes with Israeli forces. A 15-year-old boy was also critically injured after being run over by a military jeep.

Nine Palestinians were injured when Israeli forces fired live bullets and tear gas at Qabatiya residents on Friday, and 24-year-old was shot in the abdomen and detained when clashes broke out during a night raid.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017