Friday, April 27
Latest News
  1. Second Palestinian journalist succumbs to wounds in Gaza
  2. Israeli forces destroy tent structure in Susiya
  3. Israeli forces detain Dean of Student Affairs of Bethlehem University
  4. Palestine files complaint to UN over Israel's breach of treaty
  5. Suspected killers of Palestinian scientist linked to foreign agency
  6. Israeli settlers vandalize Palestinian cars, homes in Jerusalem area
  7. Germany will not move its embassy to Jerusalem, says Chancellor
  8. Deaf teenager is latest Palestinian to die of wounds in Gaza
  9. Israeli settlers attempt to take over Palestinian homes in Hebron
  10. 15-year-old boy among 4 killed by Israeli snipers in Gaza

Israeli forces raid, close entrances of Salfit-area town

Aug. 11, 2016 2:48 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 11, 2016 5:51 P.M.)
SALFIT (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces raided the town of Kifl Haris in the occupied West Bank district of Salfit late on Wednesday night, closing all entrances to the town.

According to Kifl Haris resident Yousef Boziya, Israeli forces stormed the area and shut off all entrances with iron gates and cement blocks, preventing residents from entering or leaving the town.

Boziya said Israeli soldiers who raided Kifl Haris told residents that they were searching for suspects who reportedly threw Molotov cocktails at Israeli settler cars in the area.

The army searched houses and reportedly detained a number of Palestinian youth while firing sound grenades and live fire, causing panic among residents.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an they were looking into the reports.

The occupied West Bank has seen an increase in military road closures since October when a wave of unrest first erupted across the West Bank and Israel, leading to periodic closures of Palestinian villages, towns, checkpoints, and entire districts, with the southern district of Hebron put under the most extensive closure since 2014 last month.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2018