SALFIT (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces maintained their closure of the main entrances of the town of Kifl in the occupied West Bank for the fourth day on Sunday, local sources said.
Israeli forces first raided the town on Wednesday
while searching for suspects who reportedly threw Molotov cocktails at Israeli settler cars in the area, before closing off Kifl Haris’ main entrances and preventing Palestinian citizens from entering or leaving using these roads.
An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an that they were looking into the reports that the roads remained closed four days on.
Kifl Haris deputy mayor Ezzat Shaqour said that the closure had escalated Palestinian citizens’ suffering in the area, with residents being forced to use alternative roads and detours, taking significantly more time to reach their destinations.
The occupied West Bank has seen an increase in military road closures since October when a wave of unrest first erupted across the West Bank and Israel, leading to periodic closures of Palestinian villages, towns, checkpoints, and entire districts, with the southern district of Hebron put under the most extensive closure since 2014 last month.