NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces injured three Palestinian teenagers with live ammunition after clashes broke out in eastern Nablus in the northern occupied West Bank on Thursday afternoon
Medical crews working with the Palestinian Red Crescent said that they treated three teenagers, ages 15, 16, and 17, who had sustained injuries in their thighs and legs from Israeli forces opening live fire on them.
The injured teens were transferred to the Rafidiya Hospital for treatment, where their injuries were reported as moderate.
An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an she would look into reports of the clashes and injuries.
Israeli forces have come under repeated criticism for excessive use of force, notably against Palestinian youths, during clashes.
A report released by Palestinian NGO BADIL last year documented the Israeli army’s targeting of Palestinian youth with live fire in Bethlehem’s al-Duheisha refugee camp, specifically targeting youth in the kneecaps and legs.
The report stated that the rise in injuries in the legs coincided with repeated threats by an Israeli army commander responsible for the Bethlehem area’s three refugee camps to make “all youth in the camp disabled.”
The NGO has said that the threats "reinforce the claim made by BADIL that these threats and actions are not accidental or isolated incidents, but rather result from a systematic Israeli military policy aimed at suppressing resistance, terrorizing Palestinian youth, and causing permanent injuries and damage to their physical and mental well-being."
"These willful and grave breaches of international law trigger the obligations of third party states and other mandated agencies to put an end to this climate of impunity under which Israeli forces and its officials operate."