Saturday, Nov. 17
Latest News
  1. In video - Israeli forces suppress Palestinian journalists' protest
  2. 15 injured as Israeli forces suppress olive-planting event in Nablus
  3. UNGA votes in favor of 8 pro-Palestine resolutions
  4. Al-Malki: All Palestinians held in Thailand released
  5. Palestinian farmer shot, injured by Israeli forces in Gaza
  6. At least 40 Palestinians injured in Gaza protests
  7. Protesters suffer tear-gas suffocation in Bilin
  8. Two Palestinians injured as Israeli forces suppress Kafr Qaddum march
  9. Palestinian suffers face injury during Ras Karkar protest
  10. Australia, Malaysia trade words over embassy move to Jerusalem

Israeli forces demolish Palestinian-owned structures in Hebron

Oct. 17, 2018 11:51 A.M. (Updated: Oct. 17, 2018 1:14 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces demolished two Palestinian-owned tents and a steel structure used for herding sheep on Wednesday morning, in the Susiya village, south of the southern occupied West Bank district of Hebron.

According to the owner of the demolished structures, Khader al-Nawajaa, Israeli forces demolished two tents and a steel structure used for herding sheep, in the Susiya village.

Al-Nawajaa told Ma'an that Israeli forces also confiscated tent equipment and several other tools.

Earlier this year, Israeli forces had also demolished and confiscated a tent belonging to Nawajaa after raiding Susiya.

Susiya is considered "illegal" by the Israeli state and has been embroiled in legal battles with the Israeli state for years. The village is located in Area C -- the more than 60 percent of the West Bank under full Israeli military control, where Israel refuses to permit Palestinian construction.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the occupied Palestinian territory issued a report that the month of July recorded the highest number of Palestinian structures Israel has demolished or seized (54), and of Palestinian civilians displaced (97) in the occupied territories, since January 2017.

The report said that the cumulative number of structures targeted so far in 2018 (251) has remained below the figure in the equivalent period of 2017 (286). All of the demolitions carried out during July 2018 took place under the pretext of lack of building permits.

In the case of Susiya, many of the village's 200 residents have ties to the land that predate the creation of the state of Israel, and Ottoman-era land documents to prove it. However, the village lies between an Israeli settlement and Israel-controlled archaeological site, making them a target for Israeli demolitions.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015