Thursday, April 25
Latest News
  1. Six new Palestinian hospitals to be built across West Bank
  2. Worth $90,000, Hitler's 'suicide note' up for auction
  3. Palestinian prisoner suspends 29-day hunger strike
  4. Israeli authorities detain Palestinian man escorting ill wife at Erez
  5. 27 Palestinian men, women raise flag at base of Mt. Everest
  6. Israeli forces detain 3 Palestinians in West Bank raids
  7. Israel imposes restrictions on Muslims as 320 settlers storm Al-Aqsa
  8. UN: Viability of PA threatened by major financial,political challenges
  9. Palestinian PM stresses importance of US support of two-state solution
  10. Israeli forces open fire at Palestinian farmers in southern Gaza

Israel delivers demolition notice to Palestinian home in Hebron

Nov. 18, 2018 3:09 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 19, 2018 11:57 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli authorities delivered demolition notices to one Palestinian-owned home in the Masafer Yatta area, in the south Hebron hills, in the southern West Bank district of Hebron, on Sunday.

Rateb al-Jbour, Coordinator of a local settlement against the Israeli separation wall, said that Israeli authorities delivered a demolition notice to Muhammad Yousef Abu Fanous’s home.

Al-Jbour added that the notice was delivered under the pretext of being built without the difficult-to-obtain Israeli permit.

Nearly all Palestinian applications for building permits in Area C -- the more than 60 percent of the West Bank under full Israeli military control -- are denied by the Israeli authorities, forcing communities to build illegally.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the occupied Palestinian territory issued a report that the month of July recorded the highest number of Palestinian structures Israel has demolished or seized (54), and of Palestinian civilians displaced (97) in the occupied territories, since January 2017.

The report said that the cumulative number of structures targeted so far in 2018 (251) has remained below the figure in the equivalent period of 2017 (286). All of the demolitions carried out during July 2018 took place under the pretext of lack of building permits.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015