Thursday, April 25
Latest News
  1. Israeli authorities detain Palestinian man escorting ill wife at Erez
  2. 27 Palestinian men, women raise flag at base of Mt. Everest
  3. Israeli forces detain 3 Palestinians in West Bank raids
  4. Israel imposes restrictions on Muslims as 320 settlers storm Al-Aqsa
  5. UN: Viability of PA threatened by major financial,political challenges
  6. Palestinian PM stresses importance of US support of two-state solution
  7. Israeli forces open fire at Palestinian farmers in southern Gaza
  8. Saudi Arabia executes 37 nationals for 'terrorism-related crimes'
  9. Hundreds of Israeli settlers storm Al-Aqsa on 4th day of Passover
  10. Israel punitively blows up family home of killed Palestinian

Israeli bulldozers demolish under-construction house in Nablus

Jan. 30, 2019 12:01 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 30, 2019 2:39 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli bulldozers demolished an under-construction house in the Huwwara village, south of the northern occupied West Bank district of Nablus.

Ghassan Daghlas, an official who monitors settlement activity in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that Israeli forces arrived to the Huwwara village with several bulldozers and began to demolish the under-construction house.

Daghlas confirmed that the demolished house belonged to Muhammad Hassan Damidi and measured 175-square-meters.

The demolition was carried out under the pretext under the pretext of being built without the difficult-to-obtain Israeli permit.

Following the 1995 accords, 38% of Huwwara land is defined as Area B, however, the remaining 62% is defined as Area C.

About 282 dunams (69.6 acres) of Huwwara land was seized by Israel for the expansion of the nearby illegal settlement of Yitzhar.

Israel uses the pretext of building without a permit to carry out demolitions of Palestinian-owned homes on a regular basis.

Nearly all Palestinian applications for building permits in Area C are denied by the Israeli authorities, forcing communities to build illegally.

According to Palestinians and rights groups, Israel's overall goal, both in its policies in Area C and Israel's settlement enterprise, is to depopulate the land of its Palestinian residents and replace them with Jewish Israeli communities in order to manipulate population demographics in all of historic Palestine.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015