Wednesday, March 20
Latest News
  1. Shots fired at Israeli bus near Salfit
  2. Funeral processions of 2 killed Palestinians set off in Nablus
  3. Hungary opens first diplomatic trade office in Jerusalem
  4. Palestinian government condemns Israeli killing of 3 Palestinians
  5. Israeli forces suppress student march in al-Bireh
  6. Israeli navy detains 2 fishermen in northern Gaza
  7. Israeli forces detain Al-Aqsa guard, journalist, woman in Jerusalem
  8. Israeli forces demolish Palestinian homes in South Hebron Hills
  9. Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians in West Bank raids
  10. 13 Palestinians injured along eastern, northern Gaza borders

Israeli forces shoot, kill 2 Palestinians, injure another in Ramallah

March 4, 2019 11:27 A.M. (Updated: March 5, 2019 12:35 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces opened fire at a Palestinian vehicle, killing two Palestinians and injuring a third in the Kafr Nimeh village, west of the central occupied West Bank city of Ramallah, early Monday morning.

While locals reported that the incident was a “normal” car accident, Israeli soldiers claimed that it was a vehicular attack.

Locals identified the two killed Palestinians as Amir Mahmoud Jumaa Darraj, 20, from the Kharbatha al-Misbah village, and Youssef Raed Mahmoud Anqawi, 20, from Beit Sira.

The third youth, who was injured, was identified as Haitham Bassem Jumaa Alqam, 20, from the Safa village.

Sources added that the three were workers and were on their way to their workplace, when they were surprised by Israeli soldiers, their vehicle slipped on the wet road hitting the soldiers’ military vehicle.

Two soldiers were injured, including one critical injury, before Israeli soldiers opened heavy fire at the vehicle.

Kafr Nimeh’s Mayor, Khaldun al-Dik, said that the shooting occurred at around 3:00 a.m. in an area with rough roads, which raises the probability that it was a car accident.

Clashes erupted between locals and Israeli forces afterwards, during which the soldiers heavily fired tear-gas bombs.

Sources said that dozens of locals suffered from tear-gas inhalation.

Following the incident, Israeli forces sealed off the village, preventing students from reaching their schools and assaulting others.

Hebrew-language news outlets reported that according to initial reports the Israeli soldiers’ vehicle had broken down, which forced them to pull over on the side of the road, before being attacked by a Palestinian vehicle.

Israeli forces had raided the village on predawn Monday and carried out detention raids.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015